About Me

Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Hello everyone. Well, generally I am a very simple person with simple nature. I tend to be extra serious at times. My philosophy in life is to be optimistic at all time.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

After S.E.V.E.N weeks

22nd August 2007 Today we are moving into the seventh week of the semester. Yes….S.E.V.E.N……1..2..3..4..5..6..7th week. Having gone through half of the semester, I have really gained a lot of input on ICT skills needed in education.

“People, do you know what are we going to learn today?” (checking the moodle web to see if there is any announcement regarding the class)

Having no pre-conceived knowledge on what we are up to, I was so not prepared for the lesson.

Soon after that, Prof Raja came in. All eyes were directed on her. I guess everyone was eager to know the agenda of the day. Alright, let us move on to the focus points of the day:

First of all, Prof started off the class with some house keeping matters. This is indeed very crucial for each and every one of us since we will reflect on our progress. There are few questions posed by Prof which made me to reflect on my task development.

1. How many post have you published so far?
2. Have you commented on others’ blog?
3 Have you been participating in the discussion board?


In my personal view, one does not need to answer this question to others. One should just answer to themselves. In fact, I did recall my own development in blogging. I realized that I should improve on my blogs. Prof also told us that we need to visit others’ blog and comment on theirs in order to invite others to our blog. Later they will visit us back.

Next, Prof brief us on the smartboard assignment. We were informed on the criteria to be looked into in order to complete the assignment. The following are some of the criteria:

- minimum 5 slides
- lesson for level 2 pupils
- rationale of the activity
- guidelines or procedures of the activity
Some sample assignments by seniors were displayed. One of my classmate was chosen to carry out a story telling session using the sample lesson. I really find it interesting. Now I understand how IWB lessons can help teachers to make the lesson more interesting and engage learners in the lesson. Having a better understanding of how to go about with the IWB assignment, we have divided the work and planned to further discuss on our ideas and topic for the lesson. My progress will be posted in coming entries.
Till then, have a nice day.

1 comment:

Jigz said...

seems that you're having a 'blast' of time..hehe understand me?